Can it really be 1 year since I started this blog? Wow, does not seem like that long. I’ve had my ups and downs, figured a few things out, still working on quite a few others, but most days am glad I have stuck with it. I wish I had some great, ground-breaking news to share, like I figured it all out, but not yet – probably not ever. But I have come a long way – see my first post here – My dog-eared purpose.
But I’m okay with that, and I think that is what I am taking away from 2013 and this 1st year of blogging. I may not have discovered my one “purpose” and I may not ever, but have figured out a few along the way:
- My purpose is to raise up my 2 precious children to know, love, and tell others about God. Through both words and how they act and treat others. And it’s my job to be a model of this.
- My purpose is to be a good, Godly wife. To support and love my husband unconditionally as he works hard for us and has to make tough choices that aren’t always easy.
- My purpose is to love and raise my 3 (mostly) sweet dogs. To show others that pets are part of a family and should also be treated as such. And with all animals – to speak for those who cannot. (Hoping to put more emphasis on this for 2014)
- My purpose is to be comfortable in the skin (or clothes) I am in. I may not be trendy (although I may try to be), I may wear clothes from Target, or last season, but if my family is loved, fed, and cared for, I’m good. I know God does not care what I look like on the outside and although I do “try” to maintain a good outward appearance to feel good myself, it’s definitely not all that matters.
- My purpose is NOT to have all the answers. I want my kids to see I’m not always perfect. I want them to see me accept blame if something is my fault and not be quick to point fingers at others. I want them to know mistakes happen, and we need to apologize, try to make it right, learn from it, and move on. (Still working on this!)
- And in all these things my purpose is to love God unconditionally, thank Him everyday for the good and bad, and let His light shine through me, my family, and this blog.
I did update my tag-line to “taking it one book, song, and day at a time.” That is all I can do, I can plan all I want, but things are not always going to go as planned, and although this is hard for me and will take a lot of prayer and disappointment, it’s all I can do to survive. Life, kids, jobs, circumstances are always changing, but if I stay anchored in my faith with God as my guide, He will give me all that I need.
Lastly, I’ve seen on a lot of blogs and Facebook posts lately people choosing a word to represent their year ahead. I never outright stated it, but I think my 2013 word was PURPOSE, and my word for 2014 is INTENTIONAL. To be intentional in all my actions, words, blog posts, whatever.
in·tent : the thing that you plan to do or achieve : an aim or purpose
in·ten·tion·al: done on purpose; deliberate.
So stay tuned for more book reviews, more inspiring songs and verses, more vacations and family fun, more dog posts, and hopefully some surprises! I have no idea what 2014 has in store, but I can’t wait to find out through being INTENTIONAL and faithful.
Thanks for stopping by and God Bless your 2014!